When it comes to remodeling your home, you’re always looking for ways to make your home better for you, but it’s also good to keep in mind the resale value of the renovations you’re making. Whether you’re planning to stay in your home post-renovation, or you’re fixing it up for sale, quality, energy-efficient windows are one of those remodeling choices where you can’t go wrong.
The Department of Energy estimates that you can save about 12 percent on your utility costs per year, just by upgrading your windows. Depending on your home, that can be anywhere between $125-$465 in savings per year. And, if you decide to sell your home after the remodel, window replacements are one of the top investments likely to be fully recuperated in the sale.
No matter what your goals are for this renovation, new windows are a solid investment. If windows are on your list for your upcoming home remodel, here are a few of the best window brands to help you complete the perfect reno, and recoup your costs in the long-run, too.
Andersen Windows makes it to the top of our list of best window brands because of the customization they offer. Andersen has been in the window industry for more than 115 years. In that time, they’ve learned a thing or two about windows, and it shows. If you’re looking for the perfect blend of luxury wood finishes and custom window options at a surprisingly affordable price, Andersen is the brand for you.
They’ve developed their own unique window material called Fibrex. It’s a sustainable combination of recycled and reclaimed wood and vinyl, and it makes for some of the highest-performing window and door materials on the market. Offering the durability and performance of vinyl, with the high-end look of wood, Fibrex windows won’t chip, rot, flake, or fade over time.
A few more reasons we’ve put Andersen on our list of best window brands include:
- Sustainability – Andersen received the US EPA’s Energy Star Partner of the Year Award for Sustained Excellence in 2018. Their dedication to sustainability makes this a brand you can feel good about investing in.
- Owner-to-Owner Warranty – Your warranty is transferred to the next owner of your home, should you sell. This helps add value to your home.
- Customizability – The majority of Andersen’s window lines offer complete customization of window size, shape, and color. Crafted for architectural authenticity, Andersen windows give your remodel the finishing touch it needs.
North Star Windows
If you’re looking for energy-efficient vinyl, North Star is the ideal window brand for you. As a leading manufacturer of vinyl windows, North Star has spent more than 25 years in the industry developing a wide selection of some of the most energy-efficient, durable, and exceptionally affordable windows on the market.
North Star’s 1000 Series Windows is the perfect choice for any homeowner looking for a solid line of windows they can trust, and that offers the customization to suit your home perfectly. With seven exterior color options and either traditional white or wood stained interior colors, this is the line that will make finishing up your remodel easy.
A few more of the reasons we love North Star Windows include:
- Peace & Quiet – North Star developed a Super Spacer technology that ensures a perfect seal between you and the outside world. With your North Star windows closed, you’ll enjoy total peace and quiet inside your home.
- Lifetime Warranty – North Star fully protects your new window investment with a lifetime warranty. They’ll work with you to resolve any problem you might experience, though it’s unlikely that you’ll do anything but love your new North Star windows.
- Energy-Efficient Technology – North Star has made energy efficiency their top priority. With a unique, energy-saving Low-E glass, their windows reduce the heat you lose in the winter, while still letting in as much natural light as possible.
- E-Z Screen – Tired of struggling with window screens? North Star has fixed that. Their E-Z screen feature makes removing window screens easy. Just push down on the screen, and it’ll pop out with ease.
If you’re looking for replacement windows in something other than vinyl, Marvin Windows is one of the best window brands to look at. They are well known for their fiberglass windows and doors, which are 38% more durable than vinyl competitors. Fiberglass is an exceptional window material that offers the durability features you love, like resistance against warping, chipping, rot, and flaking, plus the quality and beauty your home needs.
Marvin is well known in the industry for designing beautiful windows. No matter which line of Marvin Windows is best for your home, you can feel good knowing that from their Essential line to their totally customizable, craftsman line of Signature Ultimate windows, you’ll never sacrifice on design. Some of our favorite features of Marvin Windows include:
- Extensive Range of Design Options – Marvin’s biggest claim to fame, other than their fiberglass window construction, is their wide range of design choices. Marvin offers every type of window you could imagine, from sleek minimalist modern looks with concealed fasteners to beautifully crafted wood options that bring the outdoors in.
- Extreme Durability – Marvin’s fiberglass windows have been rated at 38% more durable than their competitors with vinyl windows. When you’re making an investment in new windows, this matters. You don’t have to worry about leaks, chips, cracks, rot or more — Marvin windows offer the durability you need.
- Energy Star Certified – When you’re remodeling, energy efficiency matters too. It’s what helps add value to your home, and saves you on those utility bills. A number of Marvin’s windows are Energy Star certified, and many more selections can be made more energy efficient by choosing the glass pane selection that’s best for your climate.
MI Windows and Doors
MI Windows and Doors is the nation’s largest supplier of vinyl and aluminum windows and patio doors. If you’re in the midst of your remodel and just aren’t sure what windows are best for your project, MI’s people-first mentality can be genuinely helpful. They are dedicated to providing the very best customer service in the market, and they work hard to answer your questions and help you out in a responsive, timely way.
Just a few of the reasons we’ve put MI Windows and Doors on our best window brands list are:
- Exceptional Glass Selection and Warranty – MI Windows knows that depending on your region and climate, you’ll need a different glass for different energy efficiency concerns. That’s why they offer an extensive range of window glass options, from dual and triple-paned to low-emissivity, laminated, enhanced, and more. What’s more, they offer an exceptional warranty on their glass, ensuring you’re protected and can preserve your investment, even in the event that a window glass breaks or cracks.
- The Performance You Need – When it comes to performance, MI Windows and Doors has thought of it all. They have performance options ranging from impact-resistant glass to high-performance technology to their unique warm-edge spacer system.
- Simplified Selection – The remodeling process is already tough. MI Windows makes it easier with their intuitive Find a Window tool. Answer a few quick questions about your home, your project, and your region, and they’ll match you up with the windows that are best for your remodel and your budget.
- Made in the USA – MI Windows and Doors products are made and assembled right here in the USA. That means you’re investing in a company that invests in our local communities.
We hope our list of the best window brands helps you find the right option to complete your home remodel. And if you’re still not quite sure which brand is best for you, get in touch with the Zeeland Lumber & Supply team. We carry all of the brands mentioned above and would be happy to help you decide which option is best for your project, and your budget. We’re your local project resource, from start to finish.